AB 1205 Advocacy Guide
CalABA needs your help to get AB 1205 (The Behavior Analyst Licensure Bill) through its first hearing in the Assembly.
OUR GOAL: Generate 100 letters of support for AB 1205 from parents by March 23.
The voices of families are especially important right now. We also need every
CalABA member to write a letter of support. We need these letters by March 23!
Here's how to do it:
- Read the Practitioners Guide to Advocacy.
Practitioners should use care and caution when approaching
families to write letters of support. We don't want families to feel coerced into supporting our bill.
Our first professional obligation is to our consumers and their families.
- Give out the following advocacy packet to parents to help them get started:
- Sample cover letter
- 1-page talking points handout
- Sample letter (generic)
- Sample letter (specific)
- Ask families explicitly to write a letter of support. The letters should emphasize why
AB 1205 is personally important and should avoid getting too technical. Remind them to use sample letters to get started.
- Send 1 copy of each letter to EVERY member of the
Assembly Committee on Business, Professions,
and Consumer Protections. Contact information
and also on p. 2 of the
talking points handout
REMEMBER: OUR DEADLINE IS MARCH 23.
Have a question? Contact the CalABA Public Policy Committee at