Welcome to the CalABA News & Events section. Check back often for the latest information.
The CalABA Board of Directors is currently seeking nominations for student representatives to work with the Board.
The Board recognizes the benefits of inviting members of the higher education community to share their knowledge, perspective, and experience concerning diverse issues of policy, practice, and procedure related to behavior analysis. Because a significant amount of CalABA's membership and activities involve students, the student representatives to the Board provide valuable input to the Board’s deliberations. These positions offer an excellent learning experience involving broad networking and professional preparation and are a great opportunity for students to assume a leadership role in the behavior analytic community.
Two students will be selected to represent Northern California and Southern California respectively with terms beginning October 1, 2019. Eligible students must be enrolled as a full-time student in a Master’s or Ph.D. program in behavior analysis. Part-time students will be considered if they are employed in the profession of behavior analysis while completing their graduate education. Student representatives do not have voting privileges on the Board.
• To represent the interests of student members of the Association.
• Represent the student membership as a whole and communicate ideas and concerns to the Board.
• Work closely with the Association's Academic Liaisons in a variety of duties related to the involvement of student members.
• Remain informed about the Association’s services and programs and act as an ambassador to promote the Association’s efforts through regular communication with student membership.
• Participate in membership recruitment activities and on Board committees, task forces, and other Association activities as assigned.
Interested students should forward a brief letter of interest, current CV, along with the names of 2 references, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 20, 2019.