Public Policy and Practice
Note: Like some other professions, practitioners of behavior analysis are certified by a nationally accredited credentialing body, the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB), which functions much like a licensure board. Contact the BACB (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Professional liability insurance for BCBAs and BCaBAs. The BACB and the Association of Professional Behavior Analysts (APBA) have identified an insurance company that will provide insurance specifically for BCBAs and BCaBAs. For more information and a link to that company's website, see the Professional Liability Insurance page on the APBA website.
California State Laws, Regulations, and Legislation
- Join CalABA's Legislation Alerts list. To receive alerts and news from our Public Policy Committee, subscribe/unsubscribe here to the CalABA-LegislationAlerts list.
- Laws and Regulations
- Department of Developmental Services
- Regional Center vendor categories. Scroll down to "Associate Behavior Analyst" and "Behavior Analyst." (In particular, refer to sections 8, 11, and 12.)
- ABA training requirements for Behavior Management Consultants.
- State Board of Education
- State Department of Education: Special Education Division
- Education Code Part 30, Section 56525. BCBAs are eligible to serve as behavioral intervention case managers (a.k.a. "The La Suer Bill," A.B. 2845).
- California codes. Searchable database of all 29 state codes.
- State Capitol Today. A daily summary of capitol press conferences, top political stories from major California newspapers, and scheduled legislative hearings.
- California legislative rosters with email addresses
- Legislative district search. Find your California legislative representatives using this zip code search engine.