The Garden Grove Unified School District (GGUSD) employs more than 5,000 staff members, operates 67 schools, and is the third largest school district in Orange County.
GGUSD is looking for Intensive Behavioral Intervention Assistants who can work in a collaborative team environment and have a passion for helping students with the academic and personal skills needed for lifelong success. The GGUSD Special Education team takes pride in making a real difference with the work we do every day for our students!
High School Diploma
Working with a supervisor (BCBA certified), provides intensive behavioral intervention to students who have severe behavioral disorders. Typical duties include:
1) Providing intensive behavioral intervention to students who exhibit behaviors such as biting, kicking, hitting, throwing, running, spitting, verbal aggression, pulling, and pushing in a variety of educational settings, including classroom and community settings.
2) Utilizing Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) strategies as directed.
3) Following documented therapy plans for intensive behavioral treatment
4) Documenting student progress and behavioral data; and providing input regarding student progress.
5) Assisting instructional staff with the development of behavioral and reinforcement strategies.
6) Utilizing approved district restraint training to assist with restraining students as appropriate.
7) Assisting in supervision of students.
8) Assisting in training students in personal hygiene and developing self-sufficiency.
9) Assisting students with toileting.
Supervised by a certificated Program Supervisor with a Master's Degree, BCBA and a teaching credential.
Salary Range: $23.16 - $26.86 per hour
Currently, we are looking to fill multiple part-time, full-time, and substitute assignments that will begin in the fall of 2020 for the new school year. Part-time assignments are typically 3.5 or 5 hours per day, Monday through Friday, during the school session. Full-time assignments are typically filled by current Intensive Behavioral Intervention Assistant’s in part-time assignments.
GGUSD offers a competitive benefits package for full-time positions, which include medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and family; 9 days of paid vacation to start, 9 sick leave days per year with unlimited sick leave accumulation, 13 paid holidays per year; participation in the CalPERS retirement plan; life insurance for employees; and Social Security coverage. We also offer a professional growth program for your continued success as an employee!
At least six months of part-time experience working with students or clients with intensive behavior disorders is required.
Apply online by Thursday, July 16 at: https://ggusd.us/departments/personnel-services/employment/classified
Click on View Classified Job Opportunities.
The Garden Grove Unified School District prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation and bullying in educational programs, activities, or employment on the basis of actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, parental, pregnancy, family, or marital status, military status or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.