The Garden Grove Unified School District is looking for Intensive Behavioral Intervention Assistants who can work in a collaborative team environment and have a passion for helping students with the academic and personal skills needed for lifelong success. The GGUSD Special Education team takes pride in making a real difference with the work we do every day for our students!
High School Diploma
Full-time and part-time openings:
Currently, we are looking to fill multiple full-time, part-time, and substitute assignments for the new school year. Part-time assignments are typically 3.5 or 5 hours per day, Monday through Friday, during the school session.
Working with a supervisor (BCBA), typical duties include:
1) Providing intensive behavioral intervention to students who exhibit behaviors such as biting, kicking, hitting, throwing, running, spitting, verbal aggression, pulling, and pushing in a variety of educational settings, including classroom and community settings.
2) Utilizing Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) strategies as directed.
3) Documenting student progress and behavioral data; and providing input regarding student progress.
4) Assisting instructional staff with the development of behavioral and reinforcement strategies.
1) High school diploma or equivalent
2) At least six months of part-time experience working with students or clients with intensive behavior disorders
Salary Range: $23.16 - $26.86 per hour
GGUSD offers a competitive benefits package for full-time positions, which include medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and family; 9 days of paid vacation to start, 9 sick leave days per year with unlimited sick leave accumulation, 13 paid holidays per year; participation in the CalPERS retirement plan; life insurance for employees; and Social Security coverage. We also offer a professional growth program for your continued success as an employee!
Apply online at: www.ggusd.us Click on Employment and then Classified Job Opportunities. For any questions, please contact Jessica Wysocki at email@example.com.